Alternative Fuels Planner II
INCOG, the Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Tulsa area, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Alternative Fuels Planner II.
This position assists in the facilitation of the Tulsa Area Clean Cities program, a government-industry partnership designed to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy. Across the United States, Clean Cities coalitions improve the nation’s economic, environmental, and energy security by working at the local level to advance affordable, domestic transportation fuels and technologies.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to develop program outreach materials, coordinate meetings and events, communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, and assist with the development of program reports, technical information, and policy analysis.
Ideal candidates are excellent communicators, self-starters, leaders, creative, organized and have or can quickly learn a functional understanding of technical issues related to alternative fuels, energy efficient mobility, and advanced and emerging transportation technologies (e.g., electric vehicles, MaaS/TaaS, autonomous vehicles, idle reduction, etc.). Strong writing and editing skills are essential. Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration or a related field. Relevant work experience of at least 3 years is preferred.
Key responsibilities and skills include:
- Organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects;
- Planning and hosting workshops, meetings, conferences, and public outreach events;
- Updating TulsaCleanCities.com with announcements and news
- Writing newsletter and maintaining mailing list
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic plans and programs;
- Assist in grant writing and quarterly program reporting;
- Research on evolving government alternative fuels programs, including laws, regulatory mandates and grant programs;
- Research, evaluation, and analysis of technical information and data;
- Ability to prepare and present technical materials to a wide variety of audiences;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, MailChimp, WordPress, Google Docs, and social media.
INCOG offers a comprehensive benefits package. Specific compensation based on candidate’s qualifications and experience. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: INCOG Personnel Director: email@example.com.